May 11, 2020
Last updated March 29, 2021
We are happy to announce that the offices of Northern Virginia Ophthalmology Associates have been reopened to all patients effective Monday, May 11. We are getting back to business, but this will not be "business as usual".
While we have only been seeing urgent and emergent cases in our offices over the last several weeks, we have been busy implementing new safeguards to protect the health of our patients, our staff, and our physicians amid the coronavirus public health emergency.
Below, please find the measures that we have taken and our new processes that will be in-place for your next office visit.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Physicians and Management Team of Northern Virginia Ophthalmology Associates
At your next visit
-- Effective March 29, 2021, we will gradually resume in-person check-ins. When you arrive to our office, please read the screening questions posted at the front of our office door. If you answer "No" to all of the screening questions, you may proceed to the front desk to complete your check-in forms. If you answer "Yes" to any of the screening questions, please return to the parking lot and call our office so that we may determine the safest way to treat you.
- You may be asked to wait in your car (or outside of the office) until a clean exam room is ready for you to minimize the number of patients in our waiting areas.
- Only one person may accompany the patient inside the office, as needed. For minor patients, this means only one parent/guardian may enter the office with the patient. For adult patients, you are asked to come into the office alone unless you require assistance (mobility, translation, etc.).
- All patients and guests of patients who enter the office must wear a face covering that is not a gaiter mask. If you arrive for your appointment without a face covering or if you arrive wearing a gaiter mask, as our supply allows, you will be asked to wear one of our disposable masks prior to entering the office. If we no longer have an available supply of disposable masks or if you decline to wear a mask, you may be informed that we must reschedule your appointment.
- Please bring reading materials (for yourself) and toys (for children) with you as we have removed these items from our waiting areas and exam rooms.
For your protection and ours
- Sneeze guards have been installed at all front desks. We ask that you please stand in front of the sneeze guards when you are interacting with our Front Desk staff.
- Social distancing mats have been placed throughout all offices.
- Suitable face masks are required for all employees, patients, and guests entering our offices.
- Employees undergo daily temperature checks and screening for COVID-19 exposure risks, including symptoms.
- All individuals entering our offices will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures and an increased frequency of cleaning have been implemented for all offices. This includes cleaning each exam room before and after each patient is seen.
Available upon request
- During the current coronavirus pandemic, many insurance companies are allowing physicians to see their patients via audio and audiovisual or "telehealth" visits.
- Telehealth visits allow our physicians to conduct a limited examination without you having to come into one of our offices. These visits are able to be submitted to your insurance company just like an in-office visit.
- If you would like to request a telehealth visit, please call our office and speak with one of our staff members to determine your eligibility for a such a visit.
- To find out more about telehealth visits, you may also click here
Northern Virginia Ophthalmology Associates has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination against our patients or our staff.
Employees and/or patients who make disparaging remarks and/or exhibit discriminatory behavior on the basis of nationality, race, ethnicity, or any other protected status will face consequences of dismissal from the Practice.
We thank everyone in advance for understanding this policy.