May 11, 2020
Updated June 2, 2020
We are happy to announce that the offices of Northern Virginia Ophthalmology Associates have been reopened to all patients effective Monday, May 11. We are getting back to business, but this will not be "business as usual".
While we have only been seeing urgent and emergent cases in our offices over the last several weeks, we have been busy implementing new safeguards to protect the health of our patients, our staff, and our physicians amid the coronavirus public health emergency.
Below, please find the measures that we have taken and our new processes that will be in-place for your next office visit.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Physicians and Management Team of Northern Virginia Ophthalmology Associates
At your next visit
-- You will be asked to call us when you arrive in the parking lot.
- You will be asked to wait in your car (or outside of the office) until an exam room is ready for you.
- Only one person may accompany the patient inside the office, as needed. For minor patients, this means only one parent/guardian may enter the office with the patient. For adult patients, you are asked to come into the office alone unless you require assistance (mobility, translation, etc.).
- All patients and guests of patients who enter the office must wear a face covering. If you arrive for your appointment without a face covering, you will be informed that we must reschedule your appointment.
- All patients and guests of patients will have their temperatures taken and be screened for COVID-19 exposure risk factors prior to being escorted into an exam room.
- Please bring reading materials (for yourself) and toys (for children) with you as we have removed these items from our waiting areas and exam rooms.
For your protection and ours
- Sneeze guards have been installed at all front desks.
- Social distancing mats have been placed throughout all offices.
- Face masks are required for all employees.
- Employee temperatures are taken twice per day.
- All individuals entering our offices will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure.
- Patients will be checked in and checked out by phone until further notice. This includes collecting copays, deductibles, and other fees via phone.
- Technicians will take patient histories via phone until further notice.
- Patients will wait in our exam rooms instead of sitting in the general waiting area.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures and an increased frequency of cleaning have been implemented for all offices. This includes cleaning each exam room before and after each patient is seen.
Available upon request
- During the current coronavirus pandemic, many insurance companies are allowing physicians to see their patients via audio and audiovisual or "telehealth" visits.
- Telehealth visits allow our physicians to conduct a limited examination without you having to come into one of our offices. These visits are able to be submitted to your insurance company just like an in-office visit.
- If you would like to request a telehealth visit, please call our office and speak with one of our staff members to determine your eligibility for a such a visit.
- To find out more about telehealth visits, you may also click here
Northern Virginia Ophthalmology Associates has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination against our patients or our staff.
Employees and/or patients who make disparaging remarks and/or exhibit discriminatory behavior on the basis of nationality, race, ethnicity, or any other protected status will face consequences of dismissal from the Practice.
We thank everyone in advance for understanding this policy.